Thursday, April 30, 2020

4/30/20

And Now...
...The End Is Near...
File Photo: An otherwise peaceful dip in Lake Hollowbottom was about to be interrupted for Len as Uncle Horace prepared to back in and collapse onto his innertube...
An already rotten morning was made worse when Lew woke up thirty minutes late and then was unable to locate a clean uniform for his shift down at Phillips 66!
Though no one on the bus tour had been thrilled that they'd stopped at Stuckey's for some pecan logs, it was Gerald who wound up getting the worst of it from a prankish Howard Lee.
Tensions ran high at that first Mr. Munsingwear Pageant and scholarship contest, especially when Glen soared into the lead with his new kangaroo pouch briefs!
After positively stuffing herself at Cracker Barrel, Donna wondered if she was even going to be able to fit in the seat of her motor coach for the rest of the day trip!
Randall found it so annoying that he was out of batteries and had to run an extension cord from the living room out to the front yard to power his portable radio while catching some rays...
After much hemming and hawing, the gang finally got Garrison ready for his debut at the nude beach... then cruelly sent him in the wrong direction to the clothed one!
 Today, April 30th, 2020 marks seven years to the day that Krazy Kaptions has been in existence. First seeing life as a personal feature on Facebook that was very popular, I moved it to its own site in order to reach a broader audience and share the laughs. But (almost) no one came. The seven-year experiment has been fun - enhanced in no small way by the few, devout regulars who came and read and commented - but the time has come for it to end.  Compared to my principle site, Poseidon's Underworld, Krazy Kaptions received less than one percent of the hits...! Literally 0.008% of what the other site receives. And that's after seven years. So I'm afraid it's time to close the album. And with thousands - literally - of pictures posted here, I'm running out of new and fresh ways of remarking on them. There's no point in repeating myself. Thank you to everyone who supported this site and to all the countless, endearing subjects who showed up in all these beloved snapshots. You brightened my life with your vintage charm. Which brings us to...
The End!

5 comments:

BrianB said...

I'm sad that I showed up so late to your party because I missed so much mirth here, whether by the hilarious pictures or your equally hilarious commentary. It's always a little shock when a blog shuts down but I have to remember it's a lot of work doing them and over time maintaining freshness and staying interested. It's certainly something I could never do!

But it's been a lot of fun coming here and seeing what whacky pictures you've found and what you have to say about them! And it's fun to comment here as well which I tend not to do on most blogs.

And on that note, if Randall was anything like my oldest sister he would have figured that since he had the extension cord out he might as well set up the ironing board and get his shirts ready for the coming week and get a cool breeze at the same time!

Now I'll be down at the previous post enjoying Myrna's Red Skelton impression!

BrianB

Poseidon3 said...

Thanks much, Brian. It was a very tough call, but it's been coming for a while now. You can always use the blog archive in the column at right and start from the very, very beginning, working your way up chronologically. There are bound to be many pics you never saw (and in the early days, I posted on M-W-F and often SIX at a time!) I appreciate your support and am glad you liked these old gems.

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

I returned to the city after three months of confinement in the country, and was saddened to see this final posting of yours. I know you had mentioned stopping this blog in the past and I completely understand your reasoning behind the decision. I don't know why the numbers weren't there; I simply love these types of photographs. Well, at least you had one reader who never failed to throw in his own two cents worth. Not quite sure where I'm going to turn now to get my fix of hot 70s guys, fabulous dresses, amazing hairdos, cool retro furniture, and poor white trash in all of its un-splendor. I guess I can just go back to your first posting and start all over again. Thanks for all the work you have put into this blog, for the laughs it provided, and for the exchange of dialogue between us during these past few years. I will continue to follow you in the Underworld, even though I don't comment there anymore. Will just have to make that extra effort to do so in the future. Until then, stay safe and healthy. Hugs.

PS: Based on hair and moustache alone, I'd do Garrison in a heartbeat.

Poseidon3 said...

Yes, Knuckles, you were one of the first and most fervent followers of Krazy Kaptions and I appreciate it so much. Hey, at least there was a bit of a back-log of posts you missed while you were away to soothe the blow just a little. I can barely get to P.U. these days either, but haven't given up. Things will eventually settle down again, I hope. Yet even so, I think my company is probably going to realize that they can get by with fewer staff than they realized. So those of us left may STAY swamped! Thank you much.

BrianB said...

Since Knuckles was probably the only one who was posting when I stumbled on to this blog not that long ago I just wanted to say that as much as I love the hilarious photos it was just as much fun reading your comments to each other. I had many laughs reading them. But at a certain point I started feeling like a comment voyeur and had to try putting in my two cents. It felt like a safe place to do so.

I have started to go back to older posts but was interrupted when my landlords decided to remodel my apartment completely after being here 17 years! When things settle down I will get back to it. I'm also stopping the Underworld to get some education!

Thanks again!
BrianB