Thursday, January 16, 2020

1/16/20

Tailgating was fun anyhow, but Dick especially liked it when Terry Dean brought his car because the fog lights helped keep him from slipping off the hood in the wake of one too many brewskies...
Bobby loved the elaborate service station he received for his birthday, but he could barely get near the thing thanks to his father, so he decided to hike the price of gas to $0.45/gallon hoping Dad and his truck would stay the heck away!
Carole was proud of her baby girl the evening of the Silent Night Dinner Dance at St. Therese High School, but thought she might need one last bit of bling to really set off her Poly-Dacron gown. So she allowed her to remove one thing from the tree and add it to her ensemble.

4 comments:

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

I guess deep-down Carole really knew that her daughter was always going to be a bridesmaid and never a bride...so, why not get her used to the idea, sooner than later, by dressing her accordingly!!!

Poseidon3 said...

One is never a complete bridesmaid of this type until a floppy see-through hat, tinted to match the dress, is applied. Maybe it was in the car. Ha ha!

BrianB said...

I have to say that one of my fondest memories of my Dad was when he helped me put together the gas station "Santa" brought me for Christmas. He didn't yell at me once about my inadequacies in assembly, which was huge for a gay in training like me! But then in later years he wasn't too fond of my decision about going commando like Terry Dean in the first picture!

BrianB

Poseidon3 said...

Ha ha ha! Sounds like you picked up some of the important manly traits along the way, no matter the challenges. This service station in the pic is the bomb! I would have had no interest in it as a child, but as an adult, it's details fascinate me. I think the only thing I ever had that was close was the Fischer-Price three story parking garage (which - being the 1970s - had it's share of earthquakes!)