Thursday, December 15, 2016

12/15/16

Private Benjamin Chachowski learned the hard way that one could drink and brawl as much as he wanted to in Bellingham, Washington, but there was a strict policy against wearing one's shirt open to and knotted at the waist!
Elma couldn't understand for the life of her why she always seemed to be so squatty when compared to her daughter Trina, but Trina didn't have the heart to tell her she ought to start with the right shoes and proceed from there...
When Harold came home from his fishing trip with dinner, his wife Bernadette was faced with two issues: one was finding a skillet big enough to contain his catch and the other was wondering if IGA was still open and had good stock on cornmeal!

4 comments:

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

Just out of curiosity...did you assign Elma her name because she looks a little like Elmira Gulch? Or was that a mere coincidence?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe the original script actually did call for Fuzzy Slippers, not ruby ones...but Toto, allegedly, kept trying to snuggle up to them (if you know what I mean!)

Anonymous said...

After Benjamin's and Elma's fashion faux-pas, Trina saved the day.

Poseidon3 said...

Ha! Actually, I sort of had the name Alma on my mind because I went to see "From Here to Eternity" on the big screen last night. But then with her fuzzy slippers, the name Elmo came to mind. So I went with Elma...

Benjamin's open shirt doesn't bother me near as much as it did the police force at Bellingham. Hee hee.

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

Oops! I just realized it's Almira Gulch, not Elmira.

Oh, well! Let's just forget I said anything in the first place and move on to the next posting.