Monday, August 11, 2014

8/11/14

On those rare days when neither Sabina nor Adelaide was grounded, Grover wound up having to share the garden swing with both of them, leaving precious little room on the seat...
Shown here with their owner Thom are Wolfie and Tag, on that tentative, yet hopeful, night prior to the experimental surgery that would ultimately separate the first recorded Siamese dogs.
It wasn't enough that Red ate dollops of peanut butter in front of Bartley without sharing any, but his breath reminded the dog of it all evening. A later series of incidents in which Red's socks had the toes chewed out of them was unrelated...
One of Ben's favorite pranks was sneaking up on Tammy while she was reading The Exorcist and trying to turn her head around 360 degrees.
...And so with considerable trepidation, Lung Yen decided to find out why Gary's swim trunks had been bunching up that way during their afternoon at the beach...
Though he always felt that strong winds had more to do with it, Kelvin's hair was nonetheless blamed for knocking over one of the new fiberglass patio umbrellas at Strongwater Falls Community Pool.

3 comments:

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

I love the worn-out copy of The Exorcist that Tammy is reading...just that purple cover brings back so many childhood memories...me reading my older brother's copy...then wanting to see the movie so badly!!!...then seeing it a few years later when a heavily-edited version played on TV and I was traumatized for the rest of the night! Still one of the all-time great 70s movies!!!

Poseidon3 said...

I guess in this Kindle/Nook age many people have missed out on the act of reading a page-turner and then lending/passing it around to everyone so that they could read it, too. As a voracious reader, with always three books going at once, I love the feel of one in my hands. As I mentioned on my other site, for me it was seeing "The Legacy" EVERYWHERE!

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

I'm with you...There is nothing like a holding a book in your hand.

Am presently re-reading "Once is Not Enough"...having just finished "The Love Machine" and "Valley of the Dolls"

Was feeling nostalgic for Jacqueline Susann and dug out my old second-hand copies.