Thursday, August 3, 2017

8/3/17

One last cast photo of the 1953 East Berlin children's TV show H.R. Punchinstuff, whose four episodes were rerun multiple times a day for 17 years (and are now available on a Region 2 DVD.)
Initially, there were those who scoffed, but in a short period of time Ming Lu Portrait Photography was up and running, providing some of the most appealing and attractive pictures that its clients ever owned. The payment option of a bundle of bamboo shoots was also a plus!
The town of Bent Rock, Alaska had a female population of only four in the 1960s, so when the community theatre put on "South Pacific," a dream came true for Stanley because he was cast as Nellie Forbush, narrowly beating out fellow auditionee Stella Claghorn.

2 comments:

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

I'm just glad I wasn't strolling down that street the day they took the cast shot of H.R. Puchinstuff...and, had I been, I certainly hope I would have had a change of underwear with me.

Also, I was away for a couple of days, so I didn't get to comment on Carole's fabulous hair below.

Poseidon3 said...

Carole does have amazing hair! (And I knew you wouldn't ever want to tune into the TV show... Glad you weren't raised in East Berlin! LOL)