Friday, July 17, 2015

7/17/15

Usually Janie didn't mind it when Lex brought Bingo over with him to her place, but on this occasion she'd just been throwing together a banana cream pie and because she didn't wash her fingers off thoroughly before greeting her guests, she wound up losing one!
Hugh was always a popular one with the ladies and, in fact, rarely dated only one at a time. In fact he usually took several out per DATE! This, however, did eventually have a wearing effect on him and this particular foursome of gals had a hard time resuscitating him after their afternoon frolic down at Flynt Beach.
Harry kept hearing all his pals hollering that he'd "dropped one of his balls," but he wasn't troubled by it until he'd retrieved the beach ball from the surf and begun to head back to the sand and yet they were doubled over, still hysterically screaming it and now pointing as well!
This was the very last time that vain Beatrice would attend the St. Helen Festival without wearing her glasses for she eagerly stepped onto the carousel, found the horse of her choice and then waited for the ride to begin, but it never did. Her girlfriends had to guide her to the actual attraction after several minutes of looking for her!
Linda didn't want to completely rain on Jennie's parade so she posed for a quick snapshot, but in her heart she knew that there was no way in hell her daughter was really going to leave their house in that get-up!
Byron had been inwardly disgusted with the second leg of his stroller ride through the park because he kept getting a manure-like downdraft, but it wasn't until the outing was over that he discovered the reason why: his mother had stowed one of his soiled diapers in a cargo net on the handlebars above him!

2 comments:

BrianB said...

Poseidon, I've been laughing all afternoon at the comments you've made on these pictures but what you said about Beatrice made me absolutely loose it! She looks like she's having so much fun! Work has been too much, the news has been too much and we've had an uptick of Covid around here so being able to laugh about anything has been so great!

I don't know if anyone has ever told you but the names of the places and people that you come up with for these pictures is one of the funniest things about your Kaptions. I don't know how you come up with them.

My plan for the day was washing windows but we'll see if that happens.

BrianB

Poseidon3 said...

You know, I did SO MANY of these that it's impossible for me to remember them myself. So even I laughed just now at Beatrice...! All I can tell you is that I have always been someone who is hyper-observant as well as highly-nostalgic, so somehow I try to zero in on a scenario with the picture while trying to draw in the feeling of the time (and making it absurd as well.) But I have to admit that when it came to these pictures, Knuckles outdid me in terms of noticing the details...! He would always find something that I myself missed or skimmed over while working on them.

I'm so glad I could provide a diversion for you during this horrible period of time. (Horrible in a variety of ways, actually!) I wish I had the time to continue KK, but I simply don't. It's all I can do to put something on my other blog. I did get a lot of pleasure out of finding and semi-immortalizing all these people from years past. I loved virtually all of them and had a blast finding names I felt fit them.

Take care and thank you!!!