Monday, October 19, 2015

10/19/15

During this spirited bit of Easter "fun," Raffles knew only one thing: In 30 seconds he was either going to be biting into a delicious egg or ripping Teddy's inflatable bunny into 23 pieces!
Originally, Mary thought she might allow E.T. to stay on Earth with Elliott, Gertie and her, but when she discovered that he'd fallen in with the wrong sort of kids, she reconsidered it and decided to ship him back into space!
Evie was still grateful to Lassie for having pulled her from a tidal pool several weeks before, but couldn't help wishing that the heroic pooch hadn't chewed off her entire ponytail in the process since a big dance was coming up and her locks hadn't fully recovered yet!
The gang took a vote and decided that it should be Ralph who went outside to feed Bowser. They even let him believe that the spare rib in his hand was to be dinner when they all knew it was actually going to be Ralph himself!
Knowing it could get a little drafty in the den, Anne Marie offered to fetch Louie a throw, but in the end he didn't need one since Perky and Lulu decided to offer their services!
At last the rec room remodel was complete and Natalie was so thrilled at the amazing deal she and R.J. got on paneling. Their only regret was that there wasn't enough leftover for them to re-do the downstairs bathroom with it as well...

6 comments:

Knuckles Girlyskirt said...

We just don't see enough wood-paneled rec-rooms anymore!!!

NOTE: For the next 2-6 months, I will be spending periods of time in the country (away from the city) with no access to a computer (partly through choice.) In any case, just to tip you off that if you don't see regular comments from me, it's not because I'm losing interest (it's because I'm not around.) However, I will be returning to my apartment for 1 or 2 days every week or week and a half...and rest assured that this blog will be the first site I visit and comment on. Am still in love with this seemingly-endless collection of amazing photographs. Keep 'em coming!!! And you will definitely be hearing from me...you might just have to get in the habit of scrolling down two, maybe three postings to see if I've commented on something that tickled my fancy. And just so you know, just because I won't have computer access where I'm going, I will still have cable TV with TCM. And at the end of the day, isn't that the most important thing anyway?

Poseidon3 said...

Oh my gosh!!! Thank for letting me know! I would definitely have assumed that it was something I said or did. You know how people seem to lay in wait to be offended, though you certainly don't strike me as that kind. Sometimes at Poseidon's Underworld, I'll have a regular reader who comments continuously and then one day "POOF!" they're gone forever.... It's weird and sort of worries me a little/freaks me out, but there's nothing I can do about it. So I definitely appreciate the heads up and will miss your pithy comments. I wish you the best during your new phase of life. :-) PS - You just know that Natalie loved "wood" right? Ha!

Anonymous said...

Perky and Lulu offered their services in exchange for some smokes; Lucky Strikes for Perky and Salem for Lulu!

Poseidon3 said...

Poor dears probably croaked from second-hand smoke. The place basically has a buffet of cigarettes!

BrianB said...

Fledgling interior designer Natalie Joanna so loved working with paneling but after seeing this picture realized how short those vertical lines made her look. Then her doofus boyfriend Chip installed it the wrong way and suddenly Ship Lap was born!

BrianB

Poseidon3 said...

Ha ha! They do love their ship lap (and everything else they do, as they'll happily tell you!)